Everyone has to understand how to change contact number in POSB. Mobile phone is like something that you can afford and change a lot, sometimes.
When your POSB account is related to one particular phone number, and you need to change it, you should do it properly.
The full information on how to change contact number in POSB is available below. Make sure you read it before making any changes on the personal details like that. Here they are.
Change POSB Contact Number
- Open https://internet-banking.dbs.com.sg/IB/Welcome on your browser.
- Login to your account by entering your User ID and PIN
- Select profile on the top of the page. The icon is a small square with people icon. Then, go to the option “Update Personal and Contact Detail“
- Enter your secure PIN (6 digits)
- Click on “Mobile Number for iB OTP“
- Select “Local (Singapore)“
- Input your new mobile number and then click “Next“
- There will be verification and authentication instruction. Follow the instruction and then click “Submit“.
- Your application for contact number change is now complete.
Update POSB Mobile Number (Overseas)
- Go to https://internet-banking.dbs.com.sg/IB/Welcome and login to your account.
- Select the profile option and select “Update Personal and Contact Detail“. Then, enter your secure PIN.
- Click “Mobile Number for iB OTP” and then select the option “Overseas“
- Enter the country code of your current mobile phone number. Then, enter the area code as well.
- If the code is applicable, enter the new mobile number.
- You will be asked to provide authorization. Click “Next” when it is done.
- Follow the instruction for authentication and then select “Submit“
- The application process is done.
Changing POSB Contact Number in Mobile Banking
- Open the Mobile Banking app and log in to your account using fingerprint, Face ID or by entering the Digibank User ID and PIN manually.
- Go to “Your Profile” and then select “More“.
- Tap on the option “Update Contact Details“
- Find the option “Personal & Contact Details” and then tap on “Mobile Number“.
- Enter your new number and then tap “Confirm“
- Verify the details and then choose “OK” to confirm.
- There will be authentication process, follow it and your process of changing the mobile phone is done.
How Long Does It Take for the New Number to Get Applied on the Account?
If your card is not associated by OTP (One Time Password), the change will take effect immediately.
However, if OTP is required for the change, usually it will take 2 days to complete the change.
What Else Can I Do to Change My Mobile Phone on the POSB Account?
You can always use the help of MyInfo or the VTM (Video Teller Machine) to change the number.
Can I Change the Address along with the Mobile Phone?
Yes, you can. Do the change one at a time.
What Happens If My New Mobile Phone is Not Registered?
If the phone number is not registered, unfortunately it won’t be able to be used in any types of POSB transactions.