The question of how to activate OCBC Card should be lingering in everyone’s mind when they do have a card from the bank but have no idea how to activate it.
When you receive the card, whether it is debit card or credit card, you need to understand how to register them first before you can even use them for any types of transaction.
This is why the information on how to register the card is essential.
Basically, there are many ways that you can do to register the card. However, the most convenient way is to use the OCBC mobile app (iBanking) or use its internet desktop banking.
You do not have to go to the branch to do this. It can be done from home and the card will get activated immediately. Here is the method on how to activate OCBC Card.
How to Activate OCBC Credit or Debit Card using Mobile Phone
- Download OCBC SG Mobile Banking from Google Playstore or App Store and install on the mobile phone
- Login to the mobile app (using access code/ fingerprint ID)
- Open the left menu bar, find the “Card Services” option and tap it.
- Select “Activate credit/debit card“.
- An OTP will be sent to you via SMS. Enter the OTP.
- Select the card to activate and then input its expiry date. Then, click “Next“
- Tap on the “Agree” button on the “Terms and Conditions“.
- Then, select “Submit“
- Now the card has been successfully activated.
Don’t have OCBC internet banking? Register OCBC internet banking now.
How To Activate OCBC Credit or Debit Card using Desktop
- Go to https://internet.ocbc.com and login to your account.
- Select “customer service” option. Then, there will be several options. Find “Cards” and then “Activate credit/debit card“
- Make sure your mobile phone is on. An OTP will be sent to you via SMS. Enter the OTP to the available space on the screen.
- Click on the card you want to activate. Then, fill in the information of the card, including the expiry date of the card. When you are done, click “Next“
- The activation is done by this stage.
You may also want to see our guide on how to check OCBC credit card bill
Can I Activate the Credit or Debit Card using ATM?
Unfortunately you cannot do that. When the card is not activated yet, it cannot be used in any of the OCBC Bank ATM.
Is It Possible to Activate the Bank in OCBC Branches?
Yes, it is possible. Simply go to the bank branch and ask for the customer service to activate the card for you.
The service is open from Monday to Friday; 09.00 am to 16.30 pm (can be different from one branch to another).
How Long Does It Take for the Card to Get Activated?
It does not take long at all. The effect is immediate and you can use the card right after it is being registered via mobile phone, desktop or customer service.
What If I Don’t Have Access to My Phone Number and Cannot Receive the OTP?
The OTP is mandatory for activation via mobile app and desktop. If you have access to the number no longer, go to customer service and ask for the registered number to get changed to your current mobile phone number.